Give to the Gardens
Reflecting on the past year – our first year as the Gardens of Golden Gate Park – I am proud of what we accomplished together and excited about the future. Both locals and visitors to the Bay Area have embraced an expansive vision that brings together the Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden, and San Francisco Botanical Garden under one public/private partnership. With record-breaking visitation, your support has helped us reach 1.2 million people, making us one of the most well-attended public gardens in the country.
Please consider making a gift today to continue investing in your local gardens and keep the momentum going. As the Gardens of Golden Gate Park, your gift works three times harder, reaching visitors across all three gardens.
Our achievements are your achievements, and I hope you’re proud of what your support has helped accomplish this past year:
- More people are becoming members of the Gardens, taking advantage of membership benefits and discounts and the perks of admission and guest access to all three Gardens, including—for the first time—membership at the Japanese Tea Garden,
- Visitors can now purchase the new Gardens of Golden Gate Park Pass and experience the wonders of the Gardens over three days,
- More children and youth are engaging with our education programs than ever before, and
- It was a thrill to welcome over 65,000 people to our 8th annual Flower Piano and hear from so many of you that our interactive music festival ranks as one of your favorite events of the year. As one musician said, “It’s like you’re playing in the biggest concert hall in the world.”
But we want to do more! We are excited to implement our new ambitious and comprehensive strategic plan for the Gardens. With your help, we will:
- Provide engaging educational resources and programming to enhance visitor experience,
- Restore historic structures, develop new plant collections , and address deferred maintenance,
- Open a brand-new nursery to grow plants for sale, for the collections, and for conservation,
- Engage diverse populations of all ages and backgrounds, and
- Improve and grow our membership program by expanding member benefits across all three gardens.
Your continued support and investment in the Gardens will make all this possible. Visitors, members, volunteers, and partners are essential to achieving our goals. Because of your commitment to the Gardens, more people are impacted by the collections and programs at these three gardens every day—continuously connecting our community to plants, the planet, and each other.
In the New Year, I hope to see you and your friends and family enjoying:
- Tropical plants and flowers and the evening light show at the Conservatory,
- Cherry blossoms, fall foliage, and tea at the Japanese Tea Garden,
- Magnolia season, Flower Piano, and picnics in the Botanical Garden, and
- A variety of programs, classes, tours, and events throughout the year at each of the Gardens.
Great cities have great parks and great public gardens. By making a gift to the Gardens today, you’re investing in the health and vitality of this place we call home, to a park so beautiful and iconic—a welcoming place for everyone.
Thank you for being a part of this transformational time for the Gardens of Golden Gate Park.
Chief Executive Officer
There are many ways to help our Gardens grow
Make a gift
Your contribution provides unparalleled opportunities for nature-focused inspiration and education. Make your gift today.
Take your membership further by joining the Leadership Circle.
Tribute gifts are a unique way to honor family and friends, whether to celebrate special milestones or as a thoughtful expression of sympathy.
Endowment & Legacy Giving
Sustain the Gardens into the future by supporting the Endowment Fund or by making a gift through your estate.
More Ways to Give
There are a multitude of ways to support the Gardens, from gifts of stock to charitable contributions from your IRA.