Lending collections are available to Gardens of Golden Gate Park members and teachers at San Francisco schools (pre-K-12 and college/university). Please visit the Library to register for a Library Card.
With a Library Card, you can check out books from the main collection, children’s books, and teacher/parent resources. This is a “Lending on Demand” system: Librarians reserve the right to classify any book as Library Use Only at any time (usually due to fragility, condition, and/or rarity).
- Books can be checked out for three weeks
- Main Collection Books: 3 item limit per account
- Children and Parent/Teacher Resources: 10 item limit per account
- We have a collection of over 7,000 eBooks! Learn more on our eBooks page.
- All books must be returned to the Helen Crocker Russell Library during open hours
- The Library does not have an after-hours book drop